Application for admission to the PhD Program in Health Policy is made through the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS). Please visit the GSAS website for additional information on the process and a link to the online application. Please note: the application deadline has passed for admittance into the 2017-2018 academic year. The next application process will open in September 2017.
All applicants must apply to a specific concentration of the program and must indicate this choice in their statement of purpose. Up to two concentration areas may be specified. Additionally, applicants should indicate policy areas that are of interest.
Applications are reviewed by both faculty from the relevant concentration and a general admissions committee, which is comprised of faculty from multiple concentrations. Applicants will be notified of admissions results by mid-March.
All applicants to the PhD Program in Health Policy must include the following in the application:
- Statement of Purpose that includes the concentration(s) and policy area(s) of interest
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE General Test or GMAT scores (GRE scores are preferred)
- Official TOEFL scores (if necessary)
- Official transcripts for all college/university degrees and courses
Please visit Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on applying to the program.