All applicants to the PhD Program in Health Policy must include the following in the application:
- Statement of Purpose that includes the concentration(s) and policy area(s) of interest
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE General Test or GMAT scores (GRE scores are preferred)*
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (if necessary)**
- Official transcripts for all college/university degrees and courses
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, standardized test scores are optional for the 2020-2021 application cycle (which is for students applying to start in fall 2021). Applicants who would like to submit their GRE or GMAT scores will have the results evaluated as part of their application. Applicants who do not submit scores will not be penalized as this information is not required for the 2020-2021 application cycle.
**Please note that GSAS does not accept scores from the TOEFL ITP Plus examination. Applicants unable to take the TOEFL IBT or IELTS exams due to the COVID-19 pandemic may apply without these scores, and if recommended for admission, their admission will be provisional until they provide scores from one of the accepted tests that demonstrate the required level of English proficiency.
Please visit Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on applying to the program.